The Podiatry Foot MOT is a type of service for your feet which will monitor and enhance your foot health on an ongoing basis. I normally see my patients on a 2, 6 or 12 month basis. This depends on the presentation, risk status and level of care the patient requires.
Normally this 25-30 minute appointment is for the treatment of skin and nail problems including fungal and in-growing/painful nails. However we assess your global health with every visit ensuring we pick up things as soon as they occur and relay these to your GP. This treatment plan is unique to your needs and will be explained in your intial appointment (10 to 30 mins per treatment)
For example, your routine treatment could be every 6-8 weeks, and the treatment could include:
• Hard skin can be removed to leave the skin feeling smoother and softer
• Nails can be cut and filed, and advice given
• Corns can be (enucleated) reduced, and advice given.
• Fungal nails can be cut back, cleared and advice will be given on treatment plans.
• Advice on many skin conditions and treatment options
• Advice on footwear
The treatment will finish with a moisturiser depending on your skin type to replenish the skin and boost circulation.